Friday, April 13, 2007

The Money Shot: 4.13.07

Today's headlines...


The Kaiser Chiefs Are On A Roll (Popmatters)
The Money Shot: Wilson says he’s unconcerned about the band’s status as underdogs here. “I don’t want to spend two years playing to 20 people in Delaware to make it in America,” he says. “We care too much about our sanity.”

Interview: Rhett Miller of the Old 97's (Houstonist)
MS: Last year, the band released a “Best of” collection. Does that mean the end of the Old 97’s?

"Hay-ell no."


Nine Inch Nails' Bureau Of Morality (Stereogum)
MS: Those getting their hands on copies of Nine Inch Nails' Year Zero have noticed a PMRC-styled sticker from the "Bureau Of Morality" saying:

Consuming or spreading this material may be considered subversive by the United States Bureau of Morality. If you or someone you know has engaged in subversive acts or thoughts, call 1-866-445-6580. BE A PATRIOT- BE AN INFORMER!


Ryan Adams Cancels Stonehenge Gig (NME)
MS: "We are very sorry that Ryan Adams will not be able to perform at Stonehenge, but the demand for tickets was both unprecedented and unforeseen, and we have to put public safety first," explained Stonehenge director Peter Carson.

Rouse Finds Inspiration In Spain (On Milwaukee)
MS: I suppose moving to Spain has had an affect on everything I do. Environment is very important to songwriters. I can't tell you exactly how living in another country has affected my music because I'm probably to close to it. However, I can say that I'm enjoying my life a lot.

No comments: