Wednesday, October 10, 2007

The Money Shot: 10.10.07

Today's headlines...

File-Sharing Students Fight Copyright Constraints (NY Times)
MS: Members assert that the Internet has made it necessary to rethink copyright law, and they talk about the group’s goals with something like the reverence that earlier generations displayed in talking about social or racial equality.

“People wonder why college students aren’t rallying more around the Iraq war,” Mr. McCune said. “If there were a draft, we probably would be. Students are so quick to fight for this cause because we’re the ones bearing the burden.”


The Big Record Labels' Not-So-Big Future (Business Week)
MS: "First time I've paid for an album in years," posted a purchaser from Britain, who said he'd paid £5. "I'm paying in part because I love this kind of original thinking—though I don't see it as a solution to the music industry's woes."


Bono Says No To Being Sixth Spice (NME)
MS: "We're great fans to the Spice Girls but rumours that Bono is to join them as a sixth member are sadly not true."


Meet Ingrid Michaelson: The Woman Behind That Old Navy Sweater Song (MTV)
MS: "My worry is being known for the commercial and for 'Grey's Anatomy,' " she said. "If I had one song that was good and the rest of my songs sucked, well, then that might be the case. But the fact that the album is on the charts proves people are listening to the other songs, and being like, 'OK, she's not just a one-hit wonder. There are other songs of quality and substance.' Hopefully, I'll be perceived for my body of work and not just a couple of songs that got shoved down people's throats."

No comments: