Wednesday, November 16, 2005

The Money Shot 11.16.05

All the news I feel like blogging...

Laura Veirs: To Tour or Not To Tour?
The Money Shot:"It's a job, and I can feel it wearing on me," she said from the Arizona desert. "Touring is kind of fun but tough. We just got through with a 12-hour drive. It's not good on your body, and there's all this sitting around waiting. When I go home, I do yoga and eat well, but then I get back out here and I'm immediately smoking and drinking again. It's a very topsy-turvy existence."

Not Content to Bash Coldplay, The Darkness Takes a Pop at Doherty
The Money Shot: "I'd say firstly (Pete) doesn't do rock music, and secondly, he only sells records because people are curious as to what a junkie sounds like," Hawkins told Orange World. "I think that's really wrong and really irresponsible...I think he's a talentless waste of fucking skin!"

Road Trippin' with Supergrass
The Money Shot: U.K. rock quartet Supergrass will return to North America for a 15-date tour that begins Feb. 6 in Toronto. The trek will be in support of the group's latest Capitol album, "Road to Rouen," which debuted in August at No. 9 on the U.K. album chart.

Jem's a Whore?
The Money Shot: "I'm like prostituting myself," Jem joked. "No, I think it used to be a sort of dodgy thing to do, but I mean as far as I'm concerned, as long as it's done creatively ... I don't want my music on like a dodgy food ad or something, but I think that I'm really flattered and its catch is huge. I did write the album to be heard."

Coming Attractions - Morrissey
The Money Shot: The singer, has been mixing the follow up to 'You Are The Quarry' in Rome with producer Tony Visconti and has set a release date of March 20, 2006 for the LP.As previously reported, a single will precede the LP in early February.

Road Trippin' with the Decemberists' Colin Meloy
The Money Shot: For the second January in a row, Decemberists frontman Colin Meloy will embark on a solo tour as his bandmates recuperate from another busy year on the road. The hardy Meloy will play nine cities on the trek, starting January 18 with a West Coast run that includes the Seattle, Portland, San Francisco and Los Angeles.

and finally, because sometimes dreams come true...

Destiny's Child Plays Final Show
The Money Shot: The trio also gave its first and apparently last public performance of the new single "Stand Up for Love." Asked by Kimmel if the split would be permanent, Rowland seemed to leave the door open for a future reunion. "You never know," she replied.

No comments: