Thursday, November 10, 2005

The Money Shot 11.10.05

From my fingertips to your eyeballs...

Tweedy on Tweedy
The Money Shot: "I think it's senility. I can't keep my train of thought going on one topic anymore. Actually, I think at some point I became bored with trying to sing a straight narrative; and, ironically, the songs that I felt comfortable singing and emotionally invested in over time ended up being the songs that were the most open-ended. It's basically like leaving escape hatches. I think the songs have been given a longer life since I started doing that."

Coldplay Hitting the Road with Apple, Ashcroft
The Money Shot: Fiona Apple (Jan. 25-March 5) and former Verve frontman Richard Ashcroft (March 20-April 6) will split time as the support acts for the tour; Ashcroft opened for Coldplay in Europe this summer and joined the band to perform the Verve's "Bittersweet Symphony" during the London segment of the Live 8 concerts.

Roskilde Victim's Family Claim Denied
The Money Shot: Pearl Jam were originally blamed by Danish police, but after questioning a number of witnesses, they backed off. It was later discovered that the sound was not traveling well to the back of the arena, which in turn caused the fans to push forward in order to better hear the performance.

Hard-Fi Crankin' Em Out
The Money Shot: Despite their busy schedule the band have still managed to pen songs for their next record.Archer told XFM: "We've got about 30 songs written over the last year after the last album. But I don't know if they're any good yet. I'll have to sit down and have a look at 'em."

Sufjan on Fahey Tribute
The Money Shot: Many of the tracks are full-band, electric interpretations of Fahey's compositions. Such worthies as Ward, Banhart, Sufjan Stevens, Lee Ranaldo of Sonic Youth, Howe Gelb of Giant Sand and Pelt (which includes guitarist Jack Rose, possibly Fahey's most gifted admirer) plumb the guitarist's repertoire.

No comments: