Thursday, November 03, 2005

The Money Shot 11.3.05

Coke, vicodin and the end of rock radio...

Jack & Coke
The Money Shot: "I've been offered the opportunity to write a song in a way which interests me as a songwriter. I certainly wouldn't want a song that I'd already written to be used on a commercial. That seems strange. "But to be asked to write something particular along one theme of love in a worldwide form that I'm not really used to appealed to me. I've written a song and I wrote it really quickly and it's an interesting commercial that's been made. I was inspired by the commercial."

Queens Take London on New DVD
The Money Shot: "I took enough Vicodin to kill a small child," he says with a laugh. "I didn't want to cancel again. That would have been seven shows, and people start using the word 'curse' after that."

Morrissey's Producer Brags on Next CD
The Money Shot: "I am two-thirds of the way through one of the best albums I've ever worked on, with not only Morrissey at his best, but the plot has twists and turns which somehow involve film composer Ennio Morricone and an Italian children's choir."

Shout Out Louds Hit the NY Times
The Money Shot: "I really like pop music," Mr. Olenius said, "but you have to damage it a bit to make it something new."

Sun-Times Reviews Wilco Benefit
The Money Shot: Not so long ago, the image of Tweedy grabbing the mike stand and just singing was unthinkable: He was the greasy-headed, frog-throated frontman of a roots-rock band. Here, though, he seemed vastly more comfortable with his backing players, more trusting of his urge to let space into his songs, and -- not least -- more adept as a vocalist. The greasy head remained.


and finally...

The End of Rock Radio?
The Money Shot: Unlike his bosses at Infinity, the acerbic Carolla believes K-Rock's switch from rock to talk is part of a larger trend that's likely to continue. "I don't know what year folks are living in," he says. "If you want to hear music, get an iPod. If you want to hear talk, get a radio. That's my feeling." (Or maybe a computer and Musical Justice?)

Bidding For Britney
The Money Shot: The London-based record producer/manager has taken to eBay to auction off his share of the Britney Spears single "Everytime." By his estimation, it is the first time someone has used the site to sell a copyright interest in a certified hit by an A-list artist. "I thought this would be a groundbreaking thing to do," Adams said Tuesday.

To hear these artists (except Britney) and more, click here.

No comments: