Friday, November 16, 2007

The Money Shot: Oasis Ain't Givin' It Away, The 100 Greatest Indie Rock Albums & The End of Movie Blockbuster Soundtracks...

More headlines...

Movie Songs No Longer Rule Pop Charts (AP)
MS: "We tried every possible song. Then I was driving to the editing room one day and I had the wedding mix from my wedding in my car. I was listening to stuff on it, it brought back memories, then `In Your Eyes' comes on. `I drive off in my car!'" he gushed, quoting Gabriel's lyrics. "It's a song about instincts! I put the pedal to the floor and we put it in the scene and it worked. Then we had to try to get the song, which is its own crusade and a really difficult thing."


Oasis: 'We'll never do a Radiohead' (NME)
MS: Oasis have quashed rumours that they were planning to release their next album with Radiohead-style pricing, with fans choosing how much to pay for the release. Frontman Liam Gallagher said he would never let an Oasis album be given away for free. Specifically, he said he would allow it to happen "over my dead body".


Blender's 100 Greatest Indie-Rock Albums Ever (Stereogum)
MS: 41 Modest Mouse - The Lonesome Crowded West
40 New Order - Power Corruption & Lies
39 Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain
38 The Strokes - Is This It
37 Yeah Yeah Yeahs - Fever To Tell
36 Elliott Smith - Either/Or
35 Liz Phair - Exile In Guyville
34 Superchunk - On The Mouth
33 The Shins - Oh, Inverted World
32 Neutral Milk Hotel - In The Aeroplane Over The Sea
31 Guided By Voices - Bee Thousand
30 Wilco - Yankee Hotel Foxtrot


Listen to Musical Justice

No comments: