Monday, February 18, 2008

The Money Shot: Borders Goes Digital, The Moral Ambiguity of Kate Nash and Kids These Days...

Today's amoral headlines...

“I only steal things that I think you should”: Looting the Bins with Kate Nash (Harp)
MS: “I went to a real crap restaurant recently with a friend. I’d been told that it was this great place, but it was just rank. There was this big picture of a butterfly hanging next to our table, and I grabbed it off the wall and put it in my bag when we left. No one saw it and I was quite pleased at how easily I got it. The restaurant was rubbish, but at least I got something good out of it. I’m kind of a moral thief in that way."


Teens Less Likely to Download Illegally When They Know the Laws, Microsoft Survey Finds (Microsoft)
MS: In general, teenagers regard illegal downloading over the Internet as less offensive than other forms of stealing. Less than half of the teens surveyed (48 percent) indicated punishment was appropriate for illegal downloading, while 90 percent indicated punishment was appropriate for stealing a bike.


New Borders Stores Embrace Digital Music (Billboard)
MS: The nation's No. 2 bookseller plans to open 14 of these stores this year as part of a plan to both close the gap and differentiate itself from industry-leader Barnes & Noble Inc, chief executive George Jones said in an interview.

"If you don't have something you do better than the other guys, then frankly the customer doesn't really need you," Jones said. "This is really intermingling the typical bricks and mortar with the Internet and digital worlds."


Listen to Musical Justice

No comments: