Tuesday, February 19, 2008

The Money Shot: Bob Mould's Not 23 or Drunk or Up for Husker Du Reunion, DBT Not So Into Southern Rock Bands, Boston Not So Into Huckabee...

Today's headlines...

Drive-By Truckers carry the torch for rock and roll (Idaho Stateman)
MS: We're certainly a rock and roll band, and we are undeniably Southern as s--t, but our influences and the things that led us to that place had as much in common with X and the Clash, and the Replacements, as it did Lynyrd Skynyrd and certainly more so than any of the other Southern rock bands. Because I'm really not a huge fan of that genre. That was one of the themes of the record, that kind of gets overlooked a little bit.


All things to all men (Guardian)
MS: "I can't recreate what people think they saw. I'm not 23, drunk and cranked up and angry. I'm not that person any more. The intensity of those records, I just can't do it. Heat with Grant and Greg [Norton, Hüsker bassist], yeah, that's all there, but it would be like a joke. It would not be becoming. It would do more damage than good to what the band stands for. And ..." He laughs. "I don't wanna be in the same room as those guys."


Rocker Tells Huckabee to Lay Off Song (AP)
MS: "Boston has never endorsed a political candidate, and will all due respect, would not start by endorsing a candidate who is the polar opposite of most everything Boston stands for," wrote Scholz, adding that he is supporting Democratic Sen. Barack Obama. "By using my song, and my band's name Boston, you have taken something of mine and used it to promote ideas to which I am opposed. In other words, I think I've been ripped off, dude!"


Listen to Musical Justice

No comments: