Wednesday, December 05, 2007

The Money Shot: Q Praises 'Bible', NME Brags About Its' Ignorance and Lily Allen Calls Self 'Fat & Ugly' and No One Argues...

Lily Allen calls herself 'short, fat and ugly' (NME)
MS: "I felt like, 'Oh God, I'm short, fat, ugly...and I hate all these people who flaunt their beauty'.

"Ever since a kid I've felt like I'm possibly the uncoolest, naffest person ever to walk the earth. But I feel great at the moment. I actually don't have one bad thing to say about anything."


I abhor racism, and apologise - for speaking to NME (Morrissey @ The Guardian)
MS: I do not mean to be rude to Tim Jonze, but when I first caught sight of him I assumed that someone had brought their child along to the interview. The runny nose told the whole story. Conor had assured that Tim was their best writer. Talking behind his hands and in endless fidget, Tim accepted every answer I gave him with a schoolgirl giggle, and repeatedly asked me if I was shocked at how little he actually knew about music. I told him that, yes, I was shocked. It was difficult for me to believe that the best writer from the "new" NME had never heard of the song Drive-in Saturday; I explained that it was by David Bowie, and Tim replied "oh, I don't know anything about David Bowie." I wondered how it could be so - how the quality of music journalism in England could have fallen so low that the prime 'new' NME writer knew nothing of David Bowie, an artist to whom most relevant British artists are indebted, and one who singlehandedly changed British culture - musically and otherwise.


Q's Best-Of 2007 List Worships Neon Bible (Stereogum)
MS: 10 Rufus Wainwright - Release the Stars
09 The Hold Steady - Boys and Girls in America 08 The Shins - Wincing the Night Away
07 Kings of Leon - Because of the Times 06 Bruce Springsteen - Magic
05 The Good, The Bad & The Queen - The Good, The Bad & The Queen
04 Radiohead - In Rainbows
03 Arctic Monkeys - Favourite Worst Nightmare
02 The White Stripes - Icky Thump
01 Arcade Fire - Neon Bible

Listen to Musical Justice

No comments: