Sunday, December 02, 2007

The Money Shot: Morrissey's NME Shit, Lily Allen's Crap and M.I.A. says "Dance or U get the F-ck Out!"

The latest headlines...

Lily Allen: 'I'm not quitting music' (NME)
MS: "I talk crap all the time and they [tabloid newspapers] all know it," she said. "So how come this time they didn't get it? Silly people. I am having the best time of my life."


Morrissey to Sue NME Over Immigration Remarks (Pitchfork)
MS: "Although I don't have anything against people from other countries, the higher the influx into England the more the British identity disappears. So the price is enormous. If you travel to Germany, it's still absolutely Germany. If you travel to Sweden, it still has a Swedish identity.

"But travel to England and you have no idea where you are."


M.I.A. Interview (The List)
MS: I wanted to get out of people’s view: to go and spend time learning about myself and trying to be better. Not really technically better, but I just wanted to be better as a human being. And it’s really hard to do that when you make club music. There’s no such thing as a better human being in club music! It’s like, you either dance . . . or you get the fuck out! And I don’t want to be talking about ‘big titties’ and ‘fucking hos’. Dance music needs to be expanded, in terms of subject matter and substance, and that’s what I was trying to do.


Listen to Musical Justice

No comments: