Thursday, August 23, 2007

The Money Shot: 8.23.07

Today's headlines...

Killers Corralling Rarities For B-Sides Album (Billboard)
MS: "In England we have a lot of B-sides that people in America would never know about because we don't have singles here," Flowers tells Billboard.com. "So we have about 15 of these songs that people have never heard, and we wanted to stick them on something for people to get to have them all together."


Morrissey Rewards Diehards, Quashes Smiths Reunion (Billboard)
MS: Morrissey's publicist has confirmed the artist refused a $75 million offer to tour under the Smiths name in 2008 and/or 2009, with the only mandate being that Smiths guitarist Johnny Marr would be part of the band. The Smiths also declined a multi-million dollar offer to perform in recent years at the Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival in Indio, Calif.


Self- discovery fuels Mark Olson's 'Salvation Blues' (STL Today)
MS: "I was just thinking about this: It was about different levels of responsibility. I'd just gotten married, I'd bought a house and I really liked that. With the Jayhawks, I'd been renting, we had a tour manager, and the only real responsibility in my life boiled down to writing five songs every three years and playing the acoustic guitar. There was more that I wanted in terms of musicianship, and life in general".


Nels Cline brings his guitar and his greatness to Wilco (Sign On San Diego)
MS: “All the stuff about Jeff being a 'tyrant' is hysterical to me. He's had some rough times and made some hard decisions, and some of that is unpleasant. But he's so un-tyrannical that I don't see him being a person who ever had a tyrannical personality at all.”

No comments: