Thursday, August 16, 2007

The Money Shot: 8.16.07

A slow news day...

Eugene Hutz, Gogol Bordello's Gypsy Punk Hero (NPR)
MS: "Everything on the album is taken to the next level. It's more direct, more abstract, more focused, with more dark humor. The dub parts are deeper; the fast parts are faster, its pure orgasmo hysteria."


Amy Winehouse walks out of rehab (NME)
MS: "Oh my God, what the hell happened to last week? I'm fine, don't worry."


They’ve Just Got to Get a Message to You (NY Times)
MS: Perry Farrell, the former Jane’s Addiction singer who was a founder of Lollapalooza, said he had heard the complaint that armies of phone-toting fans are spoiling live performances. But he said musicians who gripe about that were missing the point.

“The cellphone is here,” he said. “You can choose to ignore it, you can grump at it, or you can say, ‘How can I take this amazing invention, how can I apply this and make my festival, and my life, more exciting?’ ”

No comments: