Friday, October 28, 2005

The Money Shot 10.28.05

With all eyes rightfully on the Bush Administration today, it's a light newsday elsewhere...

Courtney sued by her own lawyers
The Money Shot: A Seattle law firm claims that Love owes them more than $340,000 U.S. for work they did in securing publishing rights and other materials from her grunge hubby, Kurt Cobain. (karma anyone?)

Meet We Are Scientists
The Money Shot: "I don't know why everybody thinks we're gigantic nerds, but the photographer took one look at us and decided we'd be dressed as academics. I came in wearing a burgundy sweater-vest, and they took that off me and put on an uglier burgundy sweater-vest. Same item, they just didn't want it to be mine."

U2's Tribute to Rosa Parks
The Money Shot: Before 'One' was played singer Bono said of Parks that "because of her quiet dignity and strength, America became a better, changed country. This song is dedicated to the mother of American civil rights movement Rosa Parks God Bless you in your rest".

Sharon Osbourne Rips Babyshambles' Pete Doherty
The Money Shot: "Pete Doherty needs to ditch the hangers-on and find someone who really loves him enough to tell him the truth. He needs to go through some hardcore rehab. That will strip him of any notion of celebrity, they should be telling him, 'you're the same as everybody else. You're a fucking addict'. It's his only chance of survival because I'm terrified the poor little thing's gonna OD. Now he thinks this is a part he has to play, it's become like a character to play out. People want to see that. It's obvious he's very insecure. He's not confident because he wouldn't do it if he was."

Ryan Adams Sets Date for Third 2005 CD Release
The Money Shot: "That one's really fucked up. It has nine songs, and all the songs are nine minutes long, they're all story-songs. And it's basically just me and a piano, me and a guitar, with [producer] Ethan [Johns]. It's really cerebral. The theme of it was that I wanted to write a record where I could write myself out of my twenties. So for each year of my life, in my twenties, I kind of assigned different parts of my character, I gave them names. The last song is a song from the perspective, believe it or not, of a ghost. When it's just passed out of a body, and it goes 'Don't go to the light/ I'll show you how to haunt.' This spirit is trying to conjure this dead child, this dead person, back to the house where they died. So they can haunt it. It's really fucked up."

No comments: