Thursday, October 20, 2005

The Money Shot 10.20.05

Today's top stories...

Bono Goes To Washington
The Money Shot: Speaking recently about meeting with world leaders, Bono said he had nothing to fear. He explained: "They should be afraid, because they will be held accountable for what happened on their watch. I'm representing the poorest and the most vulnerable people. On a spiritual level, I have that with me. I'm throwing a punch, and the fist belongs to people who can't be in the room, whose rage, whose anger, whose hurt I represent. The moral force is way beyond mine, it's an argument that has much more weight than I have. So I'm not feeling nervous."

Rilo Kiley + (Death Cab x Bright Eyes) = Traveling Wilburys??
The Money Shot: "I've always loved the Traveling Wilburys, and I thought about who could sing the different parts. And I thought, well, Ben could play Roy, because his voice is so pure and beautiful, and of course I thought of Conor doing the Dylan part, which I think is pretty awesome and humorous in its own right."

MySpace Goes On Tour
The Money Shot: Now the site has picked five of its best and brightest up-and-coming acts to travel the country for nearly two months on the MySpace Fall Tour, which kicks off in Dallas October 26 at The Door.

Audioslave Takes on War
The Money Shot: "It has overtones,” Cornell said, “of a story that's happening right now in this country where we have to deal with the reality that young children are losing their fathers or their mothers or, you know, their brothers for something that I don't think anybody agrees with at this point is a very smart idea or ever was a smart idea."

Keane to Release DVD
The Money Shot: 'Strangers' will feature an hour-long documentary telling the story of the band from their formation in 1997 to touring the world in 2005. The package will also include 16 live performances from different venues across the globe, two photo galleries, six promo videos, two 'making of' videos and various concert visuals.

Wolf Parade Hits the Road
The Money Shot: "Well, we're basically, totally, a fuckin' train wreck," he says. "We get yelled at every day. We show up late. We leave shit behind [at clubs]. The kinda shit a five-headed retarded dog would do! We pissed on ourselves yesterday! I'm not kidding. "

and finally...

Poor, poor Ricky Martin...
The Money Shot: "There was a moment (in 2002) when I was onstage and I was just so angry...I thought, 'Something is wrong. I have the applause, I have a great band behind me, I live comfortably.' ... I was starting to become a victim of fame. Everything was too serious and I wasn't enjoying it."

No comments: