Friday, October 14, 2005

The Money Shot 10.14.05

Today's news on MJ artists...

Son Volt's Not Done Yet
The Money Shot: "I try to avoid being strident. It seems to turn people away. At most, I'd like to provoke discussion of some things, but it's not like I have answers," he said. Then he chuckled, "As of yet, I haven't been asked to play any peace marches."

Greg Dulli Goes Direct
The Money Shot: "If we sell 5,000 of this ourselves," McPherson says, "it's equivalent to selling 40,000 on a label."

Sleater-Kinney makes music because it's compelled to
The Money Shot: "As far as playing old songs, some don't fit into the set with the new material," Weiss said. "And some we get sick of and move out of rotation, like 'Words and Guitar,' 'I Wanna Be Your Joey Ramone,' 'Little Babies.' Some of the big hit songs we get sick of, but they usually come back. We just don't want to play a song because we have to."

Decemberists Happy to Avoid Buzz
The Money Shot: "I think on the last record we established the Decemberists sound. It's exciting to say, here's who we've become. Here are the avenues we can explore. I think we're just looking on the next record to go further. I'm sure it'll backfire and no one will buy it because they'll have only heard the last record and they'll say, 'What the fuck is this? What's this 48-minute jam with a 12-string guitar and flute bullshit? [laughs]"

Kaiser Chiefs Get New Frontman?
The Money Shot: "I'm a big fan of the Kaiser Chiefs but often thought they could do with a better lead singer. Now they're going to have one. I've also been very impressed by my own radio shows but thought that there must be a better presenter available. Now we have one of those as well."

And finally...

Ok, But Where Do I Plug In My Headphones?
The Money Shot: Computer chips that store music could soon be built into a woman's breast implants. One boob could hold an MP3 player and the other the person's whole music collection.

No comments: